About the Conference
We are on the phase of 10th year celebration of 12th International Congress of International Society for Ethnopharmacology (ISE), which was the first ISE congress organized in Kolkata, India. To celebrate 10 years of the successful event, the 22nd congress of International Society of Ethnopharmacology [ISE] along with 10th international congress of Society of Ethnopharmacology, India [SFE] being organized in Imphal, India. The main focus of the congress is to revitalize traditional medicine and also address some of the crucial and contemporary issues on ethnopharmacology and medicinal plant research for their promotion and development. This congress also helps to explore the traditional knowledge for the development of therapeutics from natural resources with the integration of modern science and technology. The development of natural products requires the confluence of the modern techniques and integrated approaches related to their research and development in various fields of science. This conference will provide an ideal platform to the participants for interaction, debate and dissemination of ideas amongst the distinguished professionals, eminent scientists, traditional healthcare professional and technologists.
Major Highlights of the Congress:
- Globalization of Traditional Medicine: Tradition to Translation
- Dissemination of knowledge for promotion of AYUSH drugs
- Exploring medicinal plants, ethnopharmacology and traditional practices
- Identification and documentation of medicinal plants and traditional resources
- Evidence based validation of traditional medicine
- Ethnopharmacology conclave - Traditional health care practices
- Ethno veterinary medicine
- Evaluation of safety, efficacy and quality of botanicals
- Ethnopharmacology in drug discovery and development- global perspectives
- Phytochemical, pharmacological, antimicrobial evaluation of medicinal plants
- Analytical techniques for quality control and standardization
- Bioprospecting of natural products – an approach towards drug discovery
- Integrative approach in promotion and development of traditional medicine
- Development and evaluation of herbal formulation- industry institute partnership
- Bioeconomy from bioresources – perspectives of medicinal plants and traditional medicine
- IP rights, patents and regulatory affairs of medicinal and aromatic plants
- Conservation & propagation of medicinal plants
Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD)
Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) is an autonomous Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India Imphal, Manipur, having its other center and nodes in Gangtok, Sikkim; Aizawl, Mizoram; and Shilong, Meghalaya.
The institute is working on Bioresources development and their sustainable use through biotechnological interventions for the socio-economic growth of the region with the major goal of scientific management of bioresources in the Indian region falling under Indo-Burma Biodiversity Hotspot.
Society for Ethnopharmacology (SFE)
Society for Ethnopharmacology (SFE), India is a registered society under the West Bengal Society Registration act and also affiliated to the International Society for Ethnopharmacology. The society was formed in 2013 and has made its presence throughout the country, which provides networking opportunity for development and promotion of medicinal plants and ethno pharmacology.
The Society works on dissemination of knowledge in this area through different local chapters made in different parts of India with the major goal on “Globalizing local knowledge and localizing global technologies.”
International Society for Ethnopharmacology (ISE)
International Society for Ethnopharmacology (ISE) is an International scientific organization of researchers dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of the pharmacological actions of plants, animals, insects, and other organisms used in medicines of indigenous and modern, past and present cultures. The major objective of the ISE is to promote Ethnopharmacology as a scientific field of research. The society is dedicated to the exchange of information and understandings about people’s use of natural products and their bio-prospecting.